I'm James Wang, a Taiwanese-born designer and coder with a passion for clean and functional websites. I graduated in 2012 from Boston University and accomplished a Master Degree of E-Commerence. I was elected Taiwanese Student Association President in 2011. During my time at college and graduate school I discovered and embraced my creativeness, innovative ideas within the web.
My passion lies in the front/middle layers, because that is where the design and coding combination lies -- the aspects that require deep thought. E-Commerce is an industry that combines three dimensions - business, technology and design. Those are what I am interested in.
CS technolgy and business
I am a hybrid person. I have both technology background (coding, computer science) and business background (management, analysis and marketing) from various universities and graduate schools.
Coding and design
To compare with my computer science knowledge, I also have sense of aesthetics. I know the knowledge and skills of graphic design.
I love clear codes, beautiful design, friendly user experience, and talking about new creative business ideas. Besides my day job, I keep my blog (http://baronet-j.blogspot.com/) to write about new web technology, travel notes and ideas. And I also do some side projects with my friends.
I am also called a:
- Front-end web developer
- Web designer
- UI/UX developer
- iOS App developer
- SEO specialist
but don't call me:
- Been active with computer world and the Internet since the early days (pre 1995) and have witnessed its evolution. My first desktop was the so-called 486DX-66.
- Built my first website by note pad for my classmates in 1995 (sixth grade).
- Learned hardware assembly by myself and was the computer hardware and OS doctor within my circle of friends and classmates since 1995.
- - Recently picked up objective-c and lead a team to build iOS app in MVC.
Current side/hobby project includes:
- Writing iOS app since Dec.2012
- Building Opencart website since Jan.2012
Web Development Skill:
• Handed code HTML5 and CSS3.
• Responsive Design
• Debugged and Utilized Java Script / jQuery
• AJAX and JSON
• PHP / PEAR
• Experienced in VB.NET and C#.NET 2.0
• Java (basic)
• Objective-C (basic)
• Source code control management – Git / Github
• Wordpress (basic)
Database development Skill:
• Experienced in SQL Server 2005, Oracle 11g. MySQL
• ER model, UML and database normalization
• SQL Query
• Microsoft Visio
E- Commerce Marketing:
• Google Analytics Individual Qualification (GAIQ) Certificate, License 01612684
• Competitor Analysis & Keyword Research
• Web Analytics and SEO Status Report tools: Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools
• Paid Search advertising: Google AdWorks, BloggerAds
• Email Marketing tool: MailChimp (Customized template)
• Onsite optimization: Cross browser compatibility, Sitemap creation, Landing page, Robots.txt...etc
• A/B testing and Multivariate Testing
• Experienced in MS Project 2010
• Microsoft Office
Graphic and Multimedia Skill:
• Adobe Dreamweaver
• Adobe Photoshop, Flash (basic)
• Adobe Premiere
• Power Director, iMovie, Final Cut Pro
Boston University, Boston, MA
M.S. in E-Commerce, Systems and Technology,
Yuan-Ze University,Taoyuan, Taiwan
B.B.A. in Information Management,
Agape Dental Group, San Jose, CA
• Constructed website functions and UI for Agape’s NPO(Agape Asian Mission)
• Developed front desk systems for the three clinics.
• Analyzed SEO data and executed SEO plan.
• Improved and planned brand development and marketing strategy.
Ministry of National Defense General Service Command, Taipei, Taiwan
• Developed new functions for the Vehicle Maintenance System using ASP.NET. Ex: Converted static report, Calculated components consumption.
• Administered and maintained all the computer hardware.
• Standardized and tuned the system and hardware to fit military standard.
System Develop Department, President Information Corp., Taipei Taiwan
• Coded programs with C#.NET to maintain E-Commerce routine
• Developed functions of internal B2B system by C#.NET.
• Utilized SQL to provide customers with necessary marketing data by SQL Server. Ex:Daily Transitions Report, Membership Report.
Taiwanese Student Association, Boston University, Boston, MA
• Planned and coordinated campus-wide events for up to 200 members.
• Organized and implemented BUTSA online and non-online marketing plan. Made BUTSA become one of the main Taiwanese students associations in the greater Boston area.
• Corresponded and built excellent reputation with other local organizations and the Taiwan government.
It is a website project for my multimedia and online marketing class. I choose the topic which is combined two things I would like to do - making friends and mixing cocktails. It is not a real bar but it is a cozy place for me and my friends. In the end, I got "A+" for this class. The website and Facebook fan page are still alive. Welcome to visit and like it. Enjoy !